Techedge and NIMBL are now Avvale Read More
Full Integrated Supply Chain Digital Platform Powered by AWS Cloud
While they expertly deliver innovation and quality to their customers, Callaway Golf’s previous planning and reporting tool wasn’t making the cut. To evolve their enterprise, the sports giant decided to replace their outdated planning software with SAP Analytics Cloud for planning.
Together with Avvale, Callaway Golf successfully implemented SAP Analytics Cloud across their global enterprise in just 6 months. Now, Callaway Golf has a single, consolidated planning solution that has enabled streamlined expense and asset plans so they can focus on what they do best– revolutionizing the sporting world with cutting edge equipment.
This client is an Italian multinational corporation primarily known as a manufacturer of automobiles, commercial vehicles, auto parts, and production systems. With over $100 billion of globally-distributed revenue, it is of the largest globally known automotive companies.
To stay ahead of the competition, our client sought to address several challenges, including streamlining systems, simplifying reporting, and increasing predictability. The various operational systems used to manage individual vertical processes were complex for procurement users, and they were unable to have a full view. Therefore, streamlining the systems was necessary to simplify the procurement process. Similarly, the current process did not allow for simple reporting, which was a crucial aspect of decision-making. Simplifying the reporting process was necessary to provide users with the information they required.
Finally, data processing time was time-consuming, which made it difficult to strategize business decisions. Therefore, increasing predictability was necessary to speed up data processing time and provide the necessary insights to make informed decisions.
Avvale performed a detailed assessment of the client’s production plants, logistics requirements, and information exchange between stakeholders in order to design and develop an integrated platform for all the supply chain monitoring and digitalization needs. Using Supply Chain Digital Platform, a cloud native AWS-based custom solution, the client was able to streamline the necessary elements of supply chain in a complex production environment: order management, stock projection, obsolescence management and warehouse, planned order fulfillment and simulation, track and trace, and connected manufacturing data collection.
Before integrating SAP Analytics Cloud, Callaway Golf's planning landscape centered around SAP's legacy planning solution, Business Planning and Simulation (BPS). While BPS met Callaway Golf's planning needs for many years, the enterprise began to experience limitations with their old solution:
- Disconnected plans across the board: As Callaway Golf expanded and acquired new brands, planning processes greatly differed across the enterprise with some business units using Excel spreadsheets and others using legacy solutions for planning.
- Outdated planning functionalities: The existing legacy planning solution lacked many modern functionalities. Among them, salary calculations and asset depreciation automation needed improvement. As a result, it became difficult to create detailed and accurate forecasts across the globe.
- Significant IT support: The legacy solution required continuous management from IT to maintain runtime. IT had to carve out a full day every week to manually maintain the solution.
- No single source of truth: Various departments and brands used different data sources, which led to data silos across the organization, making it difficult to gain a clear picture of the enterprise's planned expenses.
- Rigid user interface: Legacy forecasting system was difficult to navigate and lacked working functions and calculations across the board, such as planning on depreciation and existing assets, adding vendors or members on the fly, and breaking down their cost center expense planning forecasts.
With Avvale experts on their side, Callaway Golf laid out the following goals for their new planning landscape with SAP Analytics Cloud:
- Crowdsource and consolidate plans across the enterprise to gain a global overview of their planned expenses and expand the input capabilities to each responsible owner.
- Leverage elevated planning functionalities to create faster and more accurate forecast cost center expense and asset reports. The ability to customize calculations enhances and automates the reporting metrics.
- Harness the power of self-service analytics to alleviate IT from the burden of simple maintenance and data entry requests, so they can focus on high-ROI tasks.
- Maximize user-driven admin capabilities to control the management of calculations and forms.
- Create new KPls driven by the business needs.
When SEM-BPS was the center of Callaway Golf's planning landscape, flexibility was a huge factor that was missing. SAP Analytics Cloud contains powerful scenario planning capabilities that help organizations quickly uncover actionable insights to make data-driven decisions. For Callaway Golf, SAP Analytics Cloud's modern planning functionalities provided users with the ability to:
- Add members on the fly
- Plan on existing as well as planned assets and automatically calculate the depreciation of values
- Test "what-if" scenarios for deeper analysis by creating private versions of plans
- Customize the solution based on their current business process
- Perform driver-based calculations
- Empower users to execute end-to-end planning scenarios, without the help of IT
Today, 13 EMEA plants, 400+ users, 40+ car lines of seven different brands and 350,000+ materials are monitored for the client using the Supply Chain Digital Platform. The solution provides a unified platform for operational reporting and high-level dashboards, overcoming the barriers in vertical solutions that support individual processes. Reporting standardization is achieved through the integration of business systems into a single tool, providing access to accurate data that can be used to foresee any issues.
The new system is equipped with user-friendly visualization tools, enabling users to carry out analyses of different situations with agility and intuition in data management. The availability of historical data ensures correct traceability of data. From the continuous monitoring and data sharing, this client gains continuous and integrated end-to-end view of the entire supply chain processes.