Techedge and NIMBL are now Avvale Read More
Cenosa Manages and Optimizes Its Sales Process with the SAP Sales & Services Cloud
While they expertly deliver innovation and quality to their customers, Callaway Golf’s previous planning and reporting tool wasn’t making the cut. To evolve their enterprise, the sports giant decided to replace their outdated planning software with SAP Analytics Cloud for planning.
Together with Avvale, Callaway Golf successfully implemented SAP Analytics Cloud across their global enterprise in just 6 months. Now, Callaway Golf has a single, consolidated planning solution that has enabled streamlined expense and asset plans so they can focus on what they do best– revolutionizing the sporting world with cutting edge equipment.
Cenosa is a leading company in the manufacture and distribution of cement in Honduras. As their company grew, they realized the need to expand their sales capabilities to include a mobile application that would allow them to sell, dispatch and invoice on the spot. Moreover there was a need to deliver information to sales executives in real time about customers, business potential, planning and carrying out their visits to the customer. It was also recognized that their customer service department needed to have total control of tickets, from queries to major claims.
With this in mind, Cenosa began to look for a solution that would meet their goals.
Cenosa needed to automate and optimize processes in two key areas within the company: the sales and customer service teams. To accomplish this, it required the implementation of a management tool that encompasses activities, quotes, orders, and tickets that would support the following processes:
- Itinerant sales
- Route and visit management
- On-route order taking and invoicing
- Contract and installed base management
- Customer inquiries and complaints
- Customer service
Cenosa ultimately selected SAP C/4HANA Sales for their sales team SAP C/4HANA Services for the customer service team. These solutions are designed with a focus on modernizing sales, as well as centralizing the tools that support consumer data protection, marketing, commerce, sales, and customer service. This robust platform is able to be completely integrated with Cenosa’s current Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
Before integrating SAP Analytics Cloud, Callaway Golf's planning landscape centered around SAP's legacy planning solution, Business Planning and Simulation (BPS). While BPS met Callaway Golf's planning needs for many years, the enterprise began to experience limitations with their old solution:
- Disconnected plans across the board: As Callaway Golf expanded and acquired new brands, planning processes greatly differed across the enterprise with some business units using Excel spreadsheets and others using legacy solutions for planning.
- Outdated planning functionalities: The existing legacy planning solution lacked many modern functionalities. Among them, salary calculations and asset depreciation automation needed improvement. As a result, it became difficult to create detailed and accurate forecasts across the globe.
- Significant IT support: The legacy solution required continuous management from IT to maintain runtime. IT had to carve out a full day every week to manually maintain the solution.
- No single source of truth: Various departments and brands used different data sources, which led to data silos across the organization, making it difficult to gain a clear picture of the enterprise's planned expenses.
- Rigid user interface: Legacy forecasting system was difficult to navigate and lacked working functions and calculations across the board, such as planning on depreciation and existing assets, adding vendors or members on the fly, and breaking down their cost center expense planning forecasts.
With Avvale experts on their side, Callaway Golf laid out the following goals for their new planning landscape with SAP Analytics Cloud:
- Crowdsource and consolidate plans across the enterprise to gain a global overview of their planned expenses and expand the input capabilities to each responsible owner.
- Leverage elevated planning functionalities to create faster and more accurate forecast cost center expense and asset reports. The ability to customize calculations enhances and automates the reporting metrics.
- Harness the power of self-service analytics to alleviate IT from the burden of simple maintenance and data entry requests, so they can focus on high-ROI tasks.
- Maximize user-driven admin capabilities to control the management of calculations and forms.
- Create new KPls driven by the business needs.
When SEM-BPS was the center of Callaway Golf's planning landscape, flexibility was a huge factor that was missing. SAP Analytics Cloud contains powerful scenario planning capabilities that help organizations quickly uncover actionable insights to make data-driven decisions. For Callaway Golf, SAP Analytics Cloud's modern planning functionalities provided users with the ability to:
- Add members on the fly
- Plan on existing as well as planned assets and automatically calculate the depreciation of values
- Test "what-if" scenarios for deeper analysis by creating private versions of plans
- Customize the solution based on their current business process
- Perform driver-based calculations
- Empower users to execute end-to-end planning scenarios, without the help of IT
With the implementation of SAP C/4HANA Sales & Services Cenosa achieved:
FOR COMMERCIAL AREA
- Sell anywhere, anytime
- Sell more and manage less
- Know your customers in depth
- Transform insights into actions
FOR THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT
- Automatic initial response to queries and complaints
- Fast ticket management
- Cost reduction
- Increased customer satisfaction
The implementation of SAP C/4HANA Sales & Services generated the need for a tool to close the gap between sales and customer service even more to adapt to the eCommerce boom. It is expected to have an eCommerce solution in the short-medium term.