- Connecting People & Products
- Business Ecosystem Collaboration
- Enterprise Operations
- Digital Manufacturing
- Digital Ecosystem
- Performance Management
- Exponential Technology Foundation
- Cloud Adoption
- Data & Analytics
- Technology Transformation
- Technology Governance
Spain's SAREB Saves 60% in Costs Following Cloud Migration
While they expertly deliver innovation and quality to their customers, Callaway Golf’s previous planning and reporting tool wasn’t making the cut. To evolve their enterprise, the sports giant decided to replace their outdated planning software with SAP Analytics Cloud for planning.
Together with Avvale, Callaway Golf successfully implemented SAP Analytics Cloud across their global enterprise in just 6 months. Now, Callaway Golf has a single, consolidated planning solution that has enabled streamlined expense and asset plans so they can focus on what they do best– revolutionizing the sporting world with cutting edge equipment.
Sociedad de Gestión de Activos Procedentes de la Reestructuración Bancaria (SAREB) is a company created to manage and disinvest high-risk assets that were transferred from national Spanish financial institutions. Its mission is to divest the assets within 15 years to help improve the Spanish economy, so that it has a positive impact on society and thus aids with consolidating the financial sector.
Since its inception in 2012, leaders within SAREB recognized that systems needed to be migrated to a public cloud to more effectively manage and monitor business processes, which would then provide insight into areas to be optimized. SAREB chose Avvale to conduct this migration because it was emphasized that ongoing projects were not affected and costs would be reduced due to efficient process and applied methodologies.
With the need for a flexible, cost-effective infrastructure, Avvale recommended a multi-cloud solution hosted on Azure. This option enables productive environments in the cloud that are centric to the geographical location, while having the opportunity to scale usage as needed to reduce operational costs. The migration included both SAP and non-SAP workloads, with 20 different applications that are essential to SAREB.
Avvale's strategy was tailored to SAREB’s requirements so that daily operations and ongoing projects were minimally affected. As a result, the migration only occurred on the weekends. To achieve this, a prototype of the system to be migrated was created for testing of limited functionality and the systems were migrated in phases. From design to official launch, it only took four weeks.
Before integrating SAP Analytics Cloud, Callaway Golf's planning landscape centered around SAP's legacy planning solution, Business Planning and Simulation (BPS). While BPS met Callaway Golf's planning needs for many years, the enterprise began to experience limitations with their old solution:
- Disconnected plans across the board: As Callaway Golf expanded and acquired new brands, planning processes greatly differed across the enterprise with some business units using Excel spreadsheets and others using legacy solutions for planning.
- Outdated planning functionalities: The existing legacy planning solution lacked many modern functionalities. Among them, salary calculations and asset depreciation automation needed improvement. As a result, it became difficult to create detailed and accurate forecasts across the globe.
- Significant IT support: The legacy solution required continuous management from IT to maintain runtime. IT had to carve out a full day every week to manually maintain the solution.
- No single source of truth: Various departments and brands used different data sources, which led to data silos across the organization, making it difficult to gain a clear picture of the enterprise's planned expenses.
- Rigid user interface: Legacy forecasting system was difficult to navigate and lacked working functions and calculations across the board, such as planning on depreciation and existing assets, adding vendors or members on the fly, and breaking down their cost center expense planning forecasts.
With Avvale experts on their side, Callaway Golf laid out the following goals for their new planning landscape with SAP Analytics Cloud:
- Crowdsource and consolidate plans across the enterprise to gain a global overview of their planned expenses and expand the input capabilities to each responsible owner.
- Leverage elevated planning functionalities to create faster and more accurate forecast cost center expense and asset reports. The ability to customize calculations enhances and automates the reporting metrics.
- Harness the power of self-service analytics to alleviate IT from the burden of simple maintenance and data entry requests, so they can focus on high-ROI tasks.
- Maximize user-driven admin capabilities to control the management of calculations and forms.
- Create new KPls driven by the business needs.
When SEM-BPS was the center of Callaway Golf's planning landscape, flexibility was a huge factor that was missing. SAP Analytics Cloud contains powerful scenario planning capabilities that help organizations quickly uncover actionable insights to make data-driven decisions. For Callaway Golf, SAP Analytics Cloud's modern planning functionalities provided users with the ability to:
- Add members on the fly
- Plan on existing as well as planned assets and automatically calculate the depreciation of values
- Test "what-if" scenarios for deeper analysis by creating private versions of plans
- Customize the solution based on their current business process
- Perform driver-based calculations
- Empower users to execute end-to-end planning scenarios, without the help of IT
While SAREB was concerned about minimizing disruption, Avvale’s technological expertise eased any concerns they had. Even better, this migration gave them a cost savings greater than 60%, which exceeded their initial goal. Because of this digital transformation, they have an environment that can support any new business process while remaining flexible for any future changes that might come.