Techedge and NIMBL are now Avvale Read More
Goglio Group Reaches New Markets with Info-Commerce Enhancement
While they expertly deliver innovation and quality to their customers, Callaway Golf’s previous planning and reporting tool wasn’t making the cut. To evolve their enterprise, the sports giant decided to replace their outdated planning software with SAP Analytics Cloud for planning.
Together with Avvale, Callaway Golf successfully implemented SAP Analytics Cloud across their global enterprise in just 6 months. Now, Callaway Golf has a single, consolidated planning solution that has enabled streamlined expense and asset plans so they can focus on what they do best– revolutionizing the sporting world with cutting edge equipment.
Since 1850, the Goglio Group has been a leader in complete food packaging systems. They research and develop flexible laminates, plastic accessories, and machines suitable for any packaging need. Innovation, service, quality, and commitment are the trademark’s values that have made Goglio the world leader in the flexible packaging sector.
Goglio had set a goal to expand its market by implementing several business models. These included reaching small to medium-sized businesses to expand its audience, adding a new purchasing channel to the traditional one, and offering highly customized products and packaging to its customers. To achieve this, Goglio needed to add an info-commerce function to the classic e-commerce engine for standard stocks of non-printed packaging. This new function was particularly useful for products that could not be sold within the catalog and by immediate payment, such as envelopes, bags, and customizable reels.
Aside from the strategic project to migrate from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA, the project required SAP eCommerce to be updated in order to enable new features that will provide a simple and personalized experience.
Before integrating SAP Analytics Cloud, Callaway Golf's planning landscape centered around SAP's legacy planning solution, Business Planning and Simulation (BPS). While BPS met Callaway Golf's planning needs for many years, the enterprise began to experience limitations with their old solution:
- Disconnected plans across the board: As Callaway Golf expanded and acquired new brands, planning processes greatly differed across the enterprise with some business units using Excel spreadsheets and others using legacy solutions for planning.
- Outdated planning functionalities: The existing legacy planning solution lacked many modern functionalities. Among them, salary calculations and asset depreciation automation needed improvement. As a result, it became difficult to create detailed and accurate forecasts across the globe.
- Significant IT support: The legacy solution required continuous management from IT to maintain runtime. IT had to carve out a full day every week to manually maintain the solution.
- No single source of truth: Various departments and brands used different data sources, which led to data silos across the organization, making it difficult to gain a clear picture of the enterprise's planned expenses.
- Rigid user interface: Legacy forecasting system was difficult to navigate and lacked working functions and calculations across the board, such as planning on depreciation and existing assets, adding vendors or members on the fly, and breaking down their cost center expense planning forecasts.
With Avvale experts on their side, Callaway Golf laid out the following goals for their new planning landscape with SAP Analytics Cloud:
- Crowdsource and consolidate plans across the enterprise to gain a global overview of their planned expenses and expand the input capabilities to each responsible owner.
- Leverage elevated planning functionalities to create faster and more accurate forecast cost center expense and asset reports. The ability to customize calculations enhances and automates the reporting metrics.
- Harness the power of self-service analytics to alleviate IT from the burden of simple maintenance and data entry requests, so they can focus on high-ROI tasks.
- Maximize user-driven admin capabilities to control the management of calculations and forms.
- Create new KPls driven by the business needs.
When SEM-BPS was the center of Callaway Golf's planning landscape, flexibility was a huge factor that was missing. SAP Analytics Cloud contains powerful scenario planning capabilities that help organizations quickly uncover actionable insights to make data-driven decisions. For Callaway Golf, SAP Analytics Cloud's modern planning functionalities provided users with the ability to:
- Add members on the fly
- Plan on existing as well as planned assets and automatically calculate the depreciation of values
- Test "what-if" scenarios for deeper analysis by creating private versions of plans
- Customize the solution based on their current business process
- Perform driver-based calculations
- Empower users to execute end-to-end planning scenarios, without the help of IT
Goglio now has a refreshed business perspective on the small and mid-size market, expanding opportunities to connect with customers. The portal for neutral packaging products is integrated with credit card payment, creating a seamless experience for purchasing. Mid-sized to small businesses can now request ad hoc quotes for customized quantities and packaging, and a new channel was established for both sales and communication with current and potential customers. Marketing campaigns are also integrated into a multi-channel tool, expanding opportunities to reach new customers.
Additionally, Goglio is set up to offer additional products and services in the future. The overall impact of these changes created a highly optimized customer experience and improved relationship between customers and Goglio.