- Connecting People & Products
- Business Ecosystem Collaboration
- Enterprise Operations
- Digital Manufacturing
- Digital Ecosystem
- Performance Management
- Exponential Technology Foundation
- Cloud Adoption
- Data & Analytics
- Technology Transformation
- Technology Governance
Corvias Saves 10,000 Labor Hours Annually and Cuts Five Accounting Touchpoints with SAP S/4HANA® and SAP BTP
While they expertly deliver innovation and quality to their customers, Callaway Golf’s previous planning and reporting tool wasn’t making the cut. To evolve their enterprise, the sports giant decided to replace their outdated planning software with SAP Analytics Cloud for planning.
Together with Avvale, Callaway Golf successfully implemented SAP Analytics Cloud across their global enterprise in just 6 months. Now, Callaway Golf has a single, consolidated planning solution that has enabled streamlined expense and asset plans so they can focus on what they do best– revolutionizing the sporting world with cutting edge equipment.
Communities can experience rapid growth yet often lag behind in upgrading their infrastructure. For over 20 years, Corvias has been a trusted public-private infrastructure partner to higher education institutions and the U.S. military. They are a true American company providing a solid foundation for those who serve and enrich the United States by providing solutions for housing, energy, financing, construction, and more.
With a wide range of services, Corvias needed to consolidate technology and workflows, independently selected and maintained by the business units. Five purchasing tools and three accounting systems plus disconnected HR, IT, risk management, accounting, and finance systems stunted Corvias’ plans for future growth and service. Seeking to simplify its IT architecture with a scalable, flexible, and future-ready solution, Corvias turned to Avvale and SAP to reimagine back-office workflows to help drive efficiency in combination with technology, working with greater agility to assist soldiers, educators, and more who serve and protect the United States.
Corvias’ pre-existing organizational structure had a complex framework where accounting and purchasing systems operated in isolation. In addition, a manual cost allocation process was susceptible to human error. In response to these challenges, there was a strong desire to streamline workflows and ensure that critical information reaches the appropriate individuals, thereby enhancing the quality of decision-making. There was a pressing need to establish an integrated system that could automate the transfer of data between various processes, ultimately leading to significant improvements in efficiency and overall operational effectiveness.
With Avvale, Corvias deployed SAP S/4HANA® Cloud private edition and SAP® Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP) to centralize data, facilitating the integration of purchasing and accounting processes. Complementing this integration were SAP Fiori® apps, which empower the development of bespoke applications designed to streamline the allocation of segment costs. To ensure the successful selection of software and the seamless implementation of these solutions, Avvale provided guidance and support, ensuring that the integration project progressed smoothly and efficiently.
Before integrating SAP Analytics Cloud, Callaway Golf's planning landscape centered around SAP's legacy planning solution, Business Planning and Simulation (BPS). While BPS met Callaway Golf's planning needs for many years, the enterprise began to experience limitations with their old solution:
- Disconnected plans across the board: As Callaway Golf expanded and acquired new brands, planning processes greatly differed across the enterprise with some business units using Excel spreadsheets and others using legacy solutions for planning.
- Outdated planning functionalities: The existing legacy planning solution lacked many modern functionalities. Among them, salary calculations and asset depreciation automation needed improvement. As a result, it became difficult to create detailed and accurate forecasts across the globe.
- Significant IT support: The legacy solution required continuous management from IT to maintain runtime. IT had to carve out a full day every week to manually maintain the solution.
- No single source of truth: Various departments and brands used different data sources, which led to data silos across the organization, making it difficult to gain a clear picture of the enterprise's planned expenses.
- Rigid user interface: Legacy forecasting system was difficult to navigate and lacked working functions and calculations across the board, such as planning on depreciation and existing assets, adding vendors or members on the fly, and breaking down their cost center expense planning forecasts.
With Avvale experts on their side, Callaway Golf laid out the following goals for their new planning landscape with SAP Analytics Cloud:
- Crowdsource and consolidate plans across the enterprise to gain a global overview of their planned expenses and expand the input capabilities to each responsible owner.
- Leverage elevated planning functionalities to create faster and more accurate forecast cost center expense and asset reports. The ability to customize calculations enhances and automates the reporting metrics.
- Harness the power of self-service analytics to alleviate IT from the burden of simple maintenance and data entry requests, so they can focus on high-ROI tasks.
- Maximize user-driven admin capabilities to control the management of calculations and forms.
- Create new KPls driven by the business needs.
When SEM-BPS was the center of Callaway Golf's planning landscape, flexibility was a huge factor that was missing. SAP Analytics Cloud contains powerful scenario planning capabilities that help organizations quickly uncover actionable insights to make data-driven decisions. For Callaway Golf, SAP Analytics Cloud's modern planning functionalities provided users with the ability to:
- Add members on the fly
- Plan on existing as well as planned assets and automatically calculate the depreciation of values
- Test "what-if" scenarios for deeper analysis by creating private versions of plans
- Customize the solution based on their current business process
- Perform driver-based calculations
- Empower users to execute end-to-end planning scenarios, without the help of IT
This implementation has yielded significant benefits for Corvias. Decision-makers now have access to actionable information, and the cost allocation process has been automated, providing business units with a granular view of their actual costs and profitability. This transformation has also had the positive effect of releasing staff from routine tasks, saving about 10,000 labor hours, and enabling them to concentrate on higher-value work. Notably, touch points for the accounts payable team have been reduced from seven to just two in 75% of cases, primarily due to the automation of purchase order management built on SAP BTP. Moreover, data security roles have been harmonized across the organization, reducing administrative work for site teams. General ledgers are now run in ten minutes, down from seven hours.
Finally, the result is a flexible and scalable platform enabling Corvias to now focus on better serving those who protect and progress the United States in the public and private sectors.