- Connecting People & Products
- Business Ecosystem Collaboration
- Enterprise Operations
- Digital Manufacturing
- Digital Ecosystem
- Performance Management
- Exponential Technology Foundation
- Cloud Adoption
- Data & Analytics
- Technology Transformation
- Technology Governance
Pastas Gallo Crafts Recipe for Scalability After Migrating to the Cloud
While they expertly deliver innovation and quality to their customers, Callaway Golf’s previous planning and reporting tool wasn’t making the cut. To evolve their enterprise, the sports giant decided to replace their outdated planning software with SAP Analytics Cloud for planning.
Together with Avvale, Callaway Golf successfully implemented SAP Analytics Cloud across their global enterprise in just 6 months. Now, Callaway Golf has a single, consolidated planning solution that has enabled streamlined expense and asset plans so they can focus on what they do best– revolutionizing the sporting world with cutting edge equipment.
Since inception, Pastas Gallo has led with vision and innovation. Its founder, Jose Espona, revolutionized wheat farming in Spain and invented a new way of crafting pasta, delighting countrymen and soon after, the world. More than 75 years later, Pastas Gallos has grown to serve more than 40 countries, driven by passion and quality.
In their previous landscape, Pastas Gallo had an on-premise system and saw the opportunity to increase agility by moving to the cloud. To do this, they needed an innovative solution that had a flexible infrastructure and would modernize their business processes. With this in mind, they selected Avvale as their partner for this transformation.
Avvale devised a strategy plan for Pastas Gallo to migrate their SAP workloads to Google Cloud from an on-premise infrastructure. With workloads housed in the cloud, it gave them the power to scale their needs as necessary and provided agility to any situation.
Even more importantly, by migrating to the cloud, Pastas Gallo greatly reduced their carbon footprint as their infrastructure is hosted in a digital platform. Additionally this implementation also included updating the hardware, platform, database, SAP kernel, and custom code modifications in one single step.
Before integrating SAP Analytics Cloud, Callaway Golf's planning landscape centered around SAP's legacy planning solution, Business Planning and Simulation (BPS). While BPS met Callaway Golf's planning needs for many years, the enterprise began to experience limitations with their old solution:
- Disconnected plans across the board: As Callaway Golf expanded and acquired new brands, planning processes greatly differed across the enterprise with some business units using Excel spreadsheets and others using legacy solutions for planning.
- Outdated planning functionalities: The existing legacy planning solution lacked many modern functionalities. Among them, salary calculations and asset depreciation automation needed improvement. As a result, it became difficult to create detailed and accurate forecasts across the globe.
- Significant IT support: The legacy solution required continuous management from IT to maintain runtime. IT had to carve out a full day every week to manually maintain the solution.
- No single source of truth: Various departments and brands used different data sources, which led to data silos across the organization, making it difficult to gain a clear picture of the enterprise's planned expenses.
- Rigid user interface: Legacy forecasting system was difficult to navigate and lacked working functions and calculations across the board, such as planning on depreciation and existing assets, adding vendors or members on the fly, and breaking down their cost center expense planning forecasts.
With Avvale experts on their side, Callaway Golf laid out the following goals for their new planning landscape with SAP Analytics Cloud:
- Crowdsource and consolidate plans across the enterprise to gain a global overview of their planned expenses and expand the input capabilities to each responsible owner.
- Leverage elevated planning functionalities to create faster and more accurate forecast cost center expense and asset reports. The ability to customize calculations enhances and automates the reporting metrics.
- Harness the power of self-service analytics to alleviate IT from the burden of simple maintenance and data entry requests, so they can focus on high-ROI tasks.
- Maximize user-driven admin capabilities to control the management of calculations and forms.
- Create new KPls driven by the business needs.
When SEM-BPS was the center of Callaway Golf's planning landscape, flexibility was a huge factor that was missing. SAP Analytics Cloud contains powerful scenario planning capabilities that help organizations quickly uncover actionable insights to make data-driven decisions. For Callaway Golf, SAP Analytics Cloud's modern planning functionalities provided users with the ability to:
- Add members on the fly
- Plan on existing as well as planned assets and automatically calculate the depreciation of values
- Test "what-if" scenarios for deeper analysis by creating private versions of plans
- Customize the solution based on their current business process
- Perform driver-based calculations
- Empower users to execute end-to-end planning scenarios, without the help of IT
Migrating to Google Cloud took less than three months and Pastas Gallo saw the benefits of this move in a shorter time. They quickly experienced process optimization which led to productivity improvement and reduction of time spent on tasks. Their infrastructure now has the ability to scale based on current needs and they can adapt to whatever changes come their way. This solution gives them agility for future innovation.